It all started in a boiler room.
As a young man, Maynard Hokanson stoked boilers in the basement of a medical arts building in Downtown Indianapolis while he attended law school. He proved to be such a dependable employee that he was asked to manage the building.
The rest is history, but today Steve Hokanson carries on the family business through five disciplines built on the foundation laid by his father.
- We manage millions of square feet of building space including office facilities, medical, retail, and industrial.
- We provide real estate consulting services that help corporations and institutions overcome their challenges and grow into the future.
- We facilitate hundreds of leasing and brokerage transactions every year for clients across the nation.
- We offer development and project management services which help our clients deal with complex issues involved in getting new projects off the ground and on track.
- We oversee complicated projects with construction management services that take into account every phase of the process, from estimating to punch lists.
Most importantly, Hokanson Companies has always remained true to our founder’s vision. We hire the best people in the industry. We check our egos at the door. And we’re committed to keeping our customers’ objectives in the forefront of everything we do.
When you boil it down, that’s what’s really important.
To achieve 83 years of success you must stay at the forefront of your industry. Our team members are pioneers of real estate as active members in the associations and organizations who push the boundaries of our industry.